|Flower factory in Amsterdam|
|EFY's photo of maybe Poland|
My client is a daughter of someone who has been advised by her doctor not to travel. The traveling party includes the sick person, her husband, daughter and son-in-law.
The daughter asked me to make a summary of their coverage.
Tactic is Blue Cross' claim form which includes the physician's report form.
My source for all this info is Mr. Randell Melgar of the Sales Department, who consulted the Claims Department.
I have to verify some claim document requirements. My email to Mr. Randell also asks him to check if the policy will respond if one doctor says that client is not ok to travel while another doctor gave her clearance.
Hotline (front page of Tactic)
Not covered for pre-existing illnesses before September 1 (your policy was issued on July 21)
$ 3,000 for sick person, spouse and daughter; son-in-law is iffy
Claim Requirements (pages 9 and 10 of Tactic, originals unless otherwise stated)
- Claim form (tactic) including doctor’s report
- Irregularity report
- Proof of advance payment
- Travel agency/airline/cruise/hotel or other certification on non-refundable portion of trip
- Submit copy, present original:
- Marriage certificate (spouse)
- Birth certificate (daughter, to be verified)
- Marriage certificate (son-in-law’s, to be verified)
- Death certificate
- Passport pages of policy trip (in policy but not required yata)