Wednesday, December 24, 2014
Lucky Chinatown Mall Open Tomorrow
One Christmas Day, I asked my balikbayan friend and her husband where they wanted to go since the malls were closed.
I gave them 2 choices: Ateneo or the Pen for halo-halo. He said that he was open to halo-halo, if it was necessary. Ha!
Anyway, it was my first time to go to Lucky Chinatown Mall last Monday. I was just thinking that Eastwood would probably be open on Dec. 25, because of the call cenuhs.
Then I realized that Megaworld also owns Lucky, so I looked at the mall hours sign closely.
According to Pinoy Money Talk, Eastwood City is open on Christmas Day. And so are other malls like Alabang Town Center, Bonifacio High Street, Glorietta, Market! Market!, MOA, Power Plant Mall and Trinoma. It seems that the only big mall that's closed is Greenhills Shopping Center. There was no mention of Aura and SM North's Dec. 25 skeds.
Now, is Lucky Chinatown Mall worth going to? I was there for a Mann Hann lunch and saw Daiso, UCC and other stores that you see elsewhere. Except for an ice cream stall that I had not seen before.
Books I've Read
- Wuthering Heights
- Wild Swans
- Who Moved My Cheese?
- Watership Down
- Valley of the Dolls
- Twin Towers
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Times to Remember
- Through the Looking Glass
- The World is Flat
- The World According to Garp
- The Terminal Man
- The Sky is Falling
- The Return of the King
- The Promise
- The Pretenders
- The Powers That Be
- The Path
- The Painted Bird
- The Naked Face
- The Little Prince
- The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
- The Kobayashi Maru of Love
- The Kitchen God's Wife
- The Joy Luck Club
- The Hundred Secret Senses
- The Hobbit
- The Height of Your Life
- The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole
- The Greatest Miracle in the World
- The Gift of Acabar
- The Firm
- The Deep
- The Client
- The Chamber (March 2011)
- The Catcher in the Rye
- The Bible Code
- Survival of the Prettiest: The Science of Beauty
- Spring Moon
- Sing Along with MAD
- Simplify Your Life
- Sense and Sensibility
- Pride and Prejudice (March 30, 2011)
- Pinoy Pop Culture
- One Really Valuable Pearl
- On Wings of Eagles
- Oliver's Story
- Nostalgia in the Kitchen (May 6, 2011)
- My Name is Asher Lev
- Mistral's Daughter
- Mga Kwentong Pagkain Atbp: Ating Sariling Ani: Isda at Iba Pa: Mula sa Kusina ni Mama Sita (February or March 2011)
- Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus
- Mars and Venus on a Date
- Love Story
- Like Water for Chocolate
- Life Love Lust: Straightforward Answers to Provocative Questions
- Ladies' Lunch & Other Ways to Wholeness
- Kitchen Confidential
- Kill as Few Patients as Possible: and 56 Other Essays on How to Be the World' Best Doctor
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- In Search of Excellence
- If Tomorrow Comes
- How to Turn Thoughts into Things
- How the Other Half Dies
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Great Expectations
- Friends 'til the End: The Official Celebration of All Ten Years
- Franny and Zooey
- First, Break All the Rules
- Fellowship of the Ring
- Fallen Leaves
- Clients First!: Building Insurance Sales Through Service Excellence (May 2011)
- Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul: 101 Healing Stories for Those Who Survived Cancer
- Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Cheaper by the Dozen
- Captains and the Kings
- Bulfinch's Mythology
- Around the World in Eighty Days
- Animal Farm
- All Things Bright and Beautiful
- All Creatures Great and Small
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
- A Question of Heroes
- 700 Sundays
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- 100 Must-Read Crime Novels
- ▼ 2014 (3)
- ► 2012 (19)
Drs. Harvey Uy and Sheri Liquete , the anesthesiologist . My friend, who, with her parents, were Harvey's patients in Asian Eye Ins...
My friends, their family, their family's in-laws and so on are Dr. Harvey 's patients. As Harvey has left Asian Eye Institute , he...
Left this comment in the Xavier site , after someone asked for directions on how to get to Xavier from Megamall: "From EDSA, turn lef...
When I read Soliloquium's post , I thought of the Carnation Food Tour 2009 where we went to Balai Isabel and Tagaytay Highlands , As...
I took this photo last December 9. Bonifacio High Street is also open on December 25. Screenshot from their Fb page. Aside from Luck...
Lifestyle Center parking building. 9-10-11. Of all the establishments that I emailed, only Greenhills Shopping Center has replied to m...
What are the malls and other places open on Novembers 1 and 2 ? Sakura, Glorietta , 9/4/11 According to Budget Travel Philippines ...
All Saints' Day posts totalled 406 views. Even though I was planning to write this post today, I was still surprised when I checked ...
Unfortunately, my camrea was low-batt when it bloomed. My friend, who has seen the Queen of the Night bloomless, has been asking me to ...
I took this photo at the Canon concept store in V-Mall . Email from Bimbim: 'RE: Printer Here's a list of questions I have fax ...